People who love scrapbooking are always on the lookout for good materials. However, good scrapbooking materials are hard to come by wherever you are in the world.
Even when they are available, it’s really hard to find the exact materials you are looking for. On the other hand, if you have the best printer for scrapbooking, you can print almost anything you want on scrapbook paper and use them on your scrapbooking projects.
Scrapbooking paper is completely different from regular paper. They are heavier and thicker than regular paper and resemble cardstock.
As we already know, not all printers are suitable to print on these specialty paper types like cardstock or scrapbooking paper. Only a few specific printers can be used for scrapbooking, and you can find all the information here in this article.
Best Printer For Scrapbooking: Recommended for 2021
Only some specific printers can be used for printing on scrapbooking materials, which are described below in detail with their pros and cons.
1. Canon Pixma Pro-100 Wireless Color Printer
From Canon, the makers of world’s leading printers, the Pixma-100 comes with 8 dye-based inks that gives the user amazing colors in print as well as shades and gradients. Of the 8 colors, 3 dyes are dedicated for black and white prints, images and texts.
Besides, with the help of the Optimum Image Generating System, the printer selects its colors logically and smartly, bringing the user the perfect replica of the image and photo as seen on the screen.
This printer comes with an output tray with the capacity to hold 150 sheets of plain paper and 20 sheets of photo paper. Because of the automatic sheet feeder, your paper will be fed into the machine automatically without having to do so yourself.
The ink cartridges that come with this printer are compatible with individual CLI 42 ink tanks, available in all the colors needed for any kind of print.
With a 4800 x 2400 dpi printing capacity, this printer from Canon will be able to give you precise and brilliant printing. This printer can print borderless images, scrapbook materials and photographs on paper that is up to 13” x 19” in size in various media type.
- Vivid and brilliant color and black-and-white printing
- Borderless printing up to 13” x 19” in size
- 4800 x 2400 dpi printing quality
- Automatic sheet feeder and output tray
- Compatible with most CLI 42 ink tanks
- Doesn’t come with a built-in scanner or copier
- Replacement parts are hard to come by
- Difficult to clean printhead parts
2. Epson SureColor P600 Inkjet Printer
The SureColor P600 from Epson is one of the best printers for printing on scrapbooking materials and cardstock paper, as well as regular and other specialty papers.
With a maximum print resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi, this printer guarantees exceptional color and printing quality on different kinds of paper and media types.
This is a wireless printer, which means that it is compatible with the Epson iPrint, Apple AirPrint, Wi-Fi Direct and Google Cloud Print. With this printer, you can have the added feature of automatic duplex printing and automatic sheet feeder.
Besides, the Epson SureColor P600 is compatible with most paper and media types, including Photo Paper, Canvas, Cut Sheet, Fine Art Paper, Panoramic, Roll Paper, Glossy Photo Paper and CD/DVD.
This printer comes with a convenient 3.5” LCD screen and can make borderless prints up to 13” in width. Both black and white and colored images come out perfectly in this printer that uses individual ink cartridges for each color.
- Maximum dpi of 5760 x 1440 gives vivid quality print
- Wireless printer is compatible with Epson iPrint, Apple AirPrint, Wi-Fi Direct and Google Cloud Print
- Automatic sheet feeder and automatic duplex printing
- Compatible with most media types and paper
- Convenient 3.5” LCD screen for control
- Makes borderless prints up to 13” in width
- No scanner or copier
- Not suitable for bulk printing
- Printhead needs regular cleaning
3. Canon Pixma TR4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
The Canon Pixma TR4520 works effortlessly without the need for any wires or cables. This is a wireless printer that is easily compatible with Apple AirPrint and Mopria Print Service, as well as with Alexa via voice control.
Besides being connected to your laptops and computers via Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, you can also directly print with this device with your smartphone and tablet.
The Canon Pixma TR4520 has an auto power on/off feature; besides, you can use your Alexa devices to print anything from this printer with just a voice command. With the Dash Replenishment Feature, the printer will track your ink usage and automatically order more ink when you are running low.
- Voice controlled with Alexa
- Easy to connect and use with Apple AirPrint and Mopria Print Service
- Directly print from smartphones and tablets
- Automatic power on/off feature
- Dash Replenishment Feature automatically tracks and orders ink
- Comes with two cartridges for black and colored ink
- Not suitable for printing high-quality image or photos
- Slow printing device; takes too long to print
- Not compatible with all paper types
4. Canon TS9521C All-in-One Crafting Photo Printer
With this printer, you can print anything that’s up to 12” x 12” in size, for work or for your scrapbooking projects. You can also print any text, images, photos or designs of your choice with this printer that will stay as colorful and as fresh for decades to come.
Photographs printed on the Canon TS9521C will be protected from fading for 100 years in an album and 30 years behind glass.
Any smartphone, tablet, computer or memory card can be used to directly print your documents and images from this printer. The Canon TS9521C is compatible with AirPrint, Wi-Fi Direct and Morea Print Service, and can be very easily connected to any computer or smart device.
This printer comes with an oversized scanning option, a booklet layout cop service and an automatic Document Feeder that can keep on supplying multiple paper sheets to the printer automatically.
- Wireless devices doesn’t require any direct wire connection
- Can print, scan and copy
- Makes 12” x 12” borderless prints
- Amazon Dash Replenishment feature automatically orders ink when running low
- Compatible with any smartphone, tablet, computer or memory card
- Compatible with AirPrint, Wi-Fi Direct and Morea Print Service
- Comes with booklet layout cop service and an automatic Document Feeder
- Only prints on specific 12” x 12” paper that are not easily available
- Extremely dark colors of ink not suitable for light-colored images or projects
5. Canon Pixma TR150 Wireless Mobile Printer
Sleek, attractive and compact in size, the Canon Pixma TR150 is 12.7” in length, 7.3” in width and 2.5” in height. It is so lightweight and small that you can even carry it around with you wherever you go.
The printer comes with automatic duplex printing and anti-theft locking slot, as well as an auto document feeder that will automatically order more unk when you are running low.
The Canon Pixma TR150 comes with a rear tray that can hold 50 sheets of paper. This printer can be used to print vibrant and colorful scrapbooking materials and images that are up to 8.5” x 11” in size which can also be edited with the 1.44” OLED display that is built-into the printer.
The Canon Pixma is also compatible with the Canon Print App, Morpria Print Service, Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print. Anything can also be directly printed from the user’s smartphone or tablet.
- Lightweight and small; portable and travel friendly
- Comes with automatic duplex printing and anti-theft locking slot
- Comes with an auto document feeder
- Comes with a rear tray that can hold 50 sheets of paper
- Can print any colorful and black-and-white image and text up to 8.5” x 11” in size
- Comes with built-in 1.44” OLED display
- Compatible with the Canon Print App, Morpria Print Service, Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print
- No scanner or copier
- Both black and color cartridges needed to work properly
- Printer needs to be near the Wi-Fi source
7. Xyron Creative Station
Instantly ready to print, this is an non-electric printer from Xyron that doesn’t need any time to warm up. All you need are a few turns of the handle to get this printing machine to start printing.
For any kind of adhesive paper, this is a great printer that you can use to make stickers by replacing the need for any kind of glue sticks, glue gun, spray mount or double-sided scotch tape.
The printer itself is a small and compact one, measuring just over 13.75” x 6” x 7” in size. Since it is a manual printing machine, you can take it with you just about anywhere, even places with no electricity. It accepts both 9” and 5” paper sheets to print adhesive stickers on, making your scrapbooking projects easier and faster.
You can create any small or edge-to-edge stickers with this printer, and even create a layer of laminate on top for a more professional look and feel.
- Small and compact; doesn’t require electricity to run
- Works perfectly on adhesive paper to make stickers
- Perfect for making labels, stickers, flash cards and invitations
- Starts working instantly and manually
- Accepts both 9” and 5” sized paper
- Can laminate and cut paper according to size
- Comes preloaded with 25’ x 9’ permanent adhesive cartridge
- Not suitable for regular official printing
- Moderate quality laminator
- Moderate quality magnets
7. HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Printer
Possessing all the features of an original HP printer, the HP Envy 4520 is a wireless printer that you can easily connect to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
It is a printer that is compatible with Apple AirPrint and Wi-Fi Direct. You can automatically print on both sides of the paper without having to turn it around, as well as print borderless images and photos that cut your paper usage by 50%.
This printer can print on most paper types that are 11” x 8.5” in size. With the 2.2” display, you can use the printer directly to print, scan and edit your images without having to use any device for the actions. Because this is a wireless printer, you don’t have to keep the printer attached to any device or the WiFi, but can put it anywhere in the house.
With the HP Instant Ink or the Amazon Dash Replenishment that comes built-in with the printer, ink will be ordered automatically whenever your printer is running low on ink.
- Prints, copies, scans and edits
- Makes borderless prints up to 8.5” x 11” in size
- HP Instant Ink or the Amazon Dash Replenishment automatically orders ink when running low
- Double-sided automatically printing
- Wireless printer directly prints via device or Apple AirPrint
- 2.2” display for quick edits
- Expensive ink required for printer
- Moderate quality scanner
- Not fit for detailed images or photos
- Not very compatible with a iMac or an Apple laptop
- Uses more ink on a single project compared to other printers
8. Brother MFC-J6530DW All-in-One Inkjet Printer
With this printer, you can print from anywhere around the house or your workplace, without needing to connect the printer to your device via a cable or a wire. You won’t even require router to connect this printer to your devices, as it works with Wi-Fi Direct.
The Brother MFC-J653DW also works as a scanner to scan any document or image before printing them. This printer can directly print from Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote and other similar softwares. For electrically storing your images or documents, you can use Brother Cloud Apps to scan and digitize any text document or image file.
It is easy to directly navigate the Brother MFC-J653DW with the built-in 2.7” touchscreen display that comes attached to the printer.
- Works as a printer and a scanner
- Can be used to print from anywhere around the building without needing a direct connection
- No router needed for Wi-Fi Direct connectivity
- Can scan and store document and image to Brother Cloud Apps
- Compatible with Google Drive, Evernote and Dropbox
- 2.7” LED touchscreen for direct control
9. Lexmark Color Single-Function Laser Printer
The Lexmark Single-Function Laser Printer is slightly larger than the more compact ones available in the market. This printer is 23” x 16” x 20” in size and a laser printer that helps the user control the color output and the use of color up to 25 ppm.
An affordable and easy-to-use laser printer by Lexmark, the Single-Function Printer is named so because it is only a printer, and doesn’t come with scanning or copying functions.
This printer is compatible with Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless Printing and AirPrint. This is a great printer to use for large volume printing in homes or workplaces. A single printer can handle up to 6,500 pages of print every month. The Lexmark printer can print on any page type up to 8.5” x 11” in size, and uses little ink compared to other high-end and branded printers.
- Uses very little ink to print
- Can print up to 6.500 pages in a month
- Can print on most paper types up to 8.5” x 11” in size
- Compatible with Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless Printing and AirPrint
- Larger than most printers with a dimension of 23” x 16” x 20”
- Only prints; cannot work as a scanner or copier
10. Samsung C1810W Xpress Color Printer
Much more expensive than most other printers available in the market, the Samsung C1810W Xpress Printer can print on regular legal-sized paper, up to pages that are 22” in width.
This printer can also directly print from any smartphone, laptop or tablet without needing to connect it to the machine, and can print vivid and bright images with a resolution of 9600 x 600 dpi. The printer is also a fast one that can print a page in only a few seconds and give out perfect results, always.
- Fast printing
- Can directly print from any smartphone, laptop or tablet
- Maximum Resolution: 9600 x 600 dpi
- Print on legal-sized paper and paper up to 22” in width
- Can print up to 40,000 pages per month
- Extremely expensive model
- Large and bulky design
- Doesn’t work very well with Wi-Fi connection
How Do You Print Pictures For Scrapbooking?
Scrapbooking is a very personali kind of hobby. Whether a person has just started scrapbooking or they have been doing this for a long time, the most important tools in making a scrapbook are the materials.
For personal scrapbooks, a lot of pictures and photographs are required. To print them, it is important to have the right printer with you.
Otherwise, your scrapbook wouldn’t be as attractive as you want it to be. Besides high-quality photographs, it is also important to have a printer that can be used to print stickers, background paper, and even cards. A versatile printer is what you are going to need to print all the materials needed for scrapbooking.
For printing your photographs, as well as cards and stickers, it is important that you follow a few steps to get the best possible results.
- Of course, since photographs printed for scrapbooks are fitted into notebooks and diaries, they aren’t very big in size. In fact, most scrapbooks are the same size as a paperback book, which means that your photographs would have to be smaller than the scrapbook itself. If you want to fit in more than one photo in a single page, they’d have to be smaller.
Therefore, the first step of scrapbooking would be to resize your photographs. This can be done with any of the software or apps that you are using in your smartphone or laptop to directly print the photos. You can use these softwares and apps to make your photographs into the size that you think would fit into your notebook. This will not harm the quality of the photograph if you are using a good printer to print them.
- If you want to fit more than one photograph in a single page of the scrapbook, it will be a good idea to arrange your photos in the particular layout that you want to see on your notebook page. This is also possible in a few apps, but you can also implement this step after your photographs have been printed out.
- Once the photographs have been edited and are ready to be printed, doing so is easy no matter what device you are using. With most printers these days, you can connect any smart device to your printer without the need for a wire or a cable and print. Therefore, whether you are using your smartphone to edit your photos or your laptop, you can connect your printer to that device and directly print from it.
- Since printing photographs for scrapbooking usually means that you are printing very small versions of them, you can actually use a single piece of paper to print multiple photographs. If you can manage to create a layout for your photographs before printing them, you can save a lot of paper by printing them all together in a single piece of paper.
- If you have printed multiple photographs in a single piece of paper, you’ll need to cut them individually to separate them from each other. Be sure to keep some space between each photograph while making them into a layout so that you have enough space to cut into.
- If you are using sticker paper or adhesive paper to print your photographs, it is a good idea to separate them before you remove the backing of the paper.
- Finally, when all your photographs are separated, you can start to attach them to their designated space on your scrapbook. If you are printing multiple photographs at the same time, it is a good idea to designate special space for them beforehand. This will decrease the chance of ending up with a space photograph with no space to attach it.
- You can attach your photographs to your scrapbook using glue or double sided tape, or even pin them to a page. If you’ve used adhesive paper to print your photographs on, all you have to do is to remove the backing of the paper and stick the photograph to your scrapbook.
What kind of printer is best for crafts?
For any kind of crafting, any photograph, image or picture that you print needs to be of the highest quality possible. Any random printer won’t do the trick if you want a perfect, professional-looking scrapbook or craft project for yourself. You’ll definitely need a good printer that can give you the best quality of prints.
Technically, for most kinds of crafting and scrapbooking projects, an inkjet printer is a better choice than laser printers. While laser printers are efficient and can give a very high-quality print, anything that needs to be detailed and colorful are best printed with an inkjet printer.
With inkjet printers, we need to use cartridges filled with pigment ink, which can give the user more vibrant color and texture that might not be possible with a laser printer. Besides, pigment ink used in inkjet printers lasts longer and are water-proof, which means your scrapbooks and crafts will last for many years without fading or losing it’s sheen.
Therefore, an inkjet printer that accommodates the most diverse number of ink cartridges, like the Canon Pixma Pro-100 Wireless Color Printer, or a printer that can print on a number of paper types, such as, the Epson SureColor P600 Inkjet Printer, are great choices of printer for crafting purposes.
Besides, printers that offer a high resolution of printing, like the Samsung C1810W Xpress Color Printer with a 9600 x 600 dpi can be a good printer for crafts and scrapbooking as well.
Printers have become a household machine these days; we all need a printer handy in the house not just for our professional needs, but also to help in our homeworks, hobbies and projects.
However, the right printer for you should be decided on the type of work you need it to deal with.. For example, for crafting or scrapbooking, all the printers described in detail in this article can help you in every single way you need.